Saturday, 29 December 2012
RWENZURURU KINGDOM DRIVER DIES FOLLOWING ACCIDENT
Tragedy has again befallen the Rwenzururu Kingdom as the second death is confirmed following a fatal road accident that involved the convoy of the Omusinga on December 23rd.
Mr.John Kule who hails from Kilembe sub-county was pronounced dead at Mulago National Referral Hospital at about 1:00 am according to the Kingdom spokesperson Mr. Patrick Nyamunungu.
Mr. Kule who was driving the fourth car in Omusinga Mumbere’s convoy sustained severe injuries when his car got involved in a head on collision in Mumbende district as the King returned to Kasese for Christmas celebrations.
One person-the palace chief cook Jetress Kabugho died on spot and was buried on the Christmas Eve at her ancestral home in Mahango sub-county.
The driver and three others were first admitted at the Nakasero hospital before he was transferred to Mulago hospital. The others are back home after being discharged.
The spokesperson said a cabinet meeting was being arranged to plan transporting the body to Kasese and also burial arrangements.
“It is confirmed our driver passed on last week at Mulago hospital. His death is unfortunate because the rest with whom they were admitted were discharged and are back home. We are going to sit to finalize the burial arrangements”. Mr.Nyamunungu said.
Mr. Nyamunungu said Kule was a new driver having been recruited at the start of December.
This is the fourth official the Rwenzururu Kingdom has lost to road accidents since this year started.
On June 28, a royal guard died on spot when the King’s convoy got involved in an accident on his way to Bundibugyo district to mark 50th anniversary of the Rwenzururu Kingdom.
Early this year, the Kingdom finance minister the late Isaya Kule died at Mulago hospital following an accident at the Kasese-Fort portal road when his car rammed into a packed trailer.
King Charles Wesley Mumbere in his Christmas message pondered a review of the recruitment process for the royal transportation drivers as a measure of avoiding future accidents.
“The royal transportation ministry should sit down and review the recruitment process of these drivers. May be some of them are not competent to drive in such an important convoy. You never know what who next will be affected” Mumbere said in a Christmas message aired on local Radio stations.