Tuesday, 4 June 2013
OMUSINGA MUMBERE TO VISIT BUNDIBUGYO DESPITE MOVE TO BLOCK HIM
Rwenzururu Kingdom will continue making preparations for the Peace Day celebrations scheduled for June 30, in Bundibugyo district despite advances from security to halt King Charles Wesley Mumbere’s visit to the area.
It was reported in the Daily Monitor today that Security officials in the Rwenzori sub-region have asked the King of Rwenzururu Kingdom, to halt his planned visit to Bundibugyo District to prevent possible tribal clashes.
This follows a letter by the Chairman of the Obudhingiya bwa Bwamba cultural institution Mr. Fulgesio Bamutwirebye on May 11th to the Bundibugyo Resident District Commissioner claiming that the Rwenzururu King wants to subjugate the Bamba by continuing to visit the area that is preparing for its King’s coronation.
In an interview with the Rwenzururu Kingdom spokesperson on Tuesday morning Mr. Patrick Nyamunungu said that those ordering a halt on the King’s visit are violating the Constitution which is clear on the Kingdoms.
He says that the Omusinga has not forced anyone to pay allegiance to Rwenzururu Kingdom to cause an alarm for the Bamba to ask government to restrict him from visiting and celebrating with his people.
Nyamunungu states that the Kingdom will start doubting other authorities if the Omusinga is finally restrict from visiting Bundibugyo by the government in favour of the Bamba/Bawisi.
The Western regional police publicist Mr. Bakari Buga says so far, no declaration on whether Mumbre should visit or not has been issued by the security, wondering where the newspaper got the information from.
Mr. Bakari says a security meeting held in Bundibugyo district recently following complaints from both the Bamba and Bakonzo resolved that government be given a chance to give its stand on the matter.
Meanwhile preparations are ongoing in Bundibugyo district as a section of the Bakonzo claim that what was published in the papers was the opposite of what is on the ground currently. END